10 April 2014

Honey Soy Glazed Chicken Drumsticks 蜜糖酱油烤鸡 ^_*


This was made last November before I packed up my kitchen and leave Melbourne.  Kept it in my draft for so long because lazy to draft the post :D It kept coming out in the recent post column when I published my post, so annoying :< Anyway, the chicken meat was really tender and Gabriel was willing to try and eat chicken drumstick for the first time! May be the honey soy sauce also one of the reason which encouraged him to try the food :) 

I have mixed sauces which left over in my fridge, and I think the way I placed the chicken drumsticks in skewers does help to bake the chicken drumsticks more evenly. Oops! I still burnt one of the chicken drumstick part, but the meat was cooked thoroughly. 





Recipe by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House

Ingredients: 
4 chicken drumsticks
2 tbsp barbecue sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp mirin
1 tsp minced garlic

Method:
1. Marinate the chicken drumsticks with other ingredients in a zipper lock plastic bag for overnight. 
2.Line the deep baking tray with aluminum foil, place the chicken drumstick through the skewer and arrange it across the baking tray, so that the chicken is like hanging in between the baking tray.
3. Bake in preheat oven at 220C and bake for 25~30 mins. In between, has to open the oven and brush the chicken drumstick with remaining sauce three times. Check if the chicken is thoroughly cooked using a skewer, if not continue to bake for another 10 mins. (As the oven heat may get lower when you open the oven door for long)