07 May 2013

Braised Chicken Wings with Spring Onion


Last weekend I went marketing at Box Hill Market, I realized the price for the old ginger has double! It is pricing at $49.99 per kg and I bought a piece of old ginger at AUD $20!! 

It has been a while since I last  posted my cooking on chicken, love this braised chicken wings. Hope my son will learn and come to love the chicken dishes because of this braised chicken wings. I'm adapting the recipe from Carol.



Recipe adapted from Carol 不藏私料理厨房

Ingredients:
12 chicken wings, boil and rinse
8 spring onions, cut into small length
8 pcs of ginger
3 clovers of garlic, cut into half

Seasoning:
2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
a dash of pepper
150ml stock or water

Method:
1. Heat the wok with 3 tbsp cooking oil. Add sliced ginger and garlic, stir fry until fragrant. Add in chicken wings. Turn the heat to medium, stir fry the chicken wings until it is slightly golden brown, add the spring onion, stir fry for another 1-2 mins.
2. Add the water or stock, add all the seasoning, mix well. Stir fry for another 2 mins. 
3. Take the chicken wings out from wok and place it into a clay pot, cover up and let it braised until the gravy thicken. About 20 mins. 
4. Serve hot with rice.




11 comments:

  1. 午餐时间,我来拿菜吃饭了。

    ReplyDelete
  2. 哇,姜在Aust卖得那么贵啊?如果我在那里,肯定很痛苦,因为我每次都会用很多很多的姜哦!
    我特别喜欢这样的煮法,又香又惹味,好吃极了 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, the ginger so expensive! I think I'll plant my own ginger and start selling to neighbours.. :D
    Anyway I love chicken and will bookmark the recipe, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I see $50/kg, I will normally buy a small piece or not buying at all, hehe! I think ginger is expensive at this time, not very sure but I did remember seeing the same price in the fruit market here before. Love your braised chicken wings! Weather is getting cold now, should eat more ginger actually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yalor ginger is so expensive here, sometimes I think of eating 姜蓉蒸鱼,but due to the price of ginger, I better change plan to do 清蒸。haha....

    This recipe is easy and looks so yummy.... Another recipe that I want to try...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ah Tze,
    My goodness, ginger are really that expensive over there! I just bought from Tesco here, 1 kg is only Rm2.59, which is about A$0.33/kg!! I have a pot of ginger plant in my garden, waiting for the rhizomes to mature!
    Your chicken wings looks so delicious! I've cooked ginger chicken today too, I love eating the ginger slices and would eat all of it. The ginger over there are darn so expensive, I'll finish every single slice!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ah Tze,

    Ginger is never cheap in Australia and the prices are depending on season. I always buy ginger in small amount. Otherwise, minced ginger in jar is also pretty good.

    Your braised chicken wings looks very comforting to eat for this wintery season.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow the last time i was in Australia, I bought ginger for like A$29.99 per kg, and I thought that was expensive already! Anyway love how the dish looks, and I like how thick the sauce looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh geesh, that is an expensive ginger. But that dish looks heavenly yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can imagine how tasty this is with fluffy rice...the ginger is very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A piece of old ginger AUD20!! soooo expensive, you still buy? then you must use it wisely, hahahha..nevertheless, this dish sound so delicious..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!